The Direction for Monuments and Sites
The direction for monuments and landscapes (DMS/DML) of the Ministry of the Brussels-Capital Region is in charge of the immovable heritage (monuments, landscapes and excavations).
Its principal goals are:
- to identify and study immovable heritage;
- to protect immovable heritage legally;
- to restore and manage heritage during works;
- to carry out archaeological excavations and to assure the conservation and enhancement of archaeological heritage;
- to be involved in European and international projects;
- to inform and increase public awareness of the value and the role of heritage in our society, through publications, exhibitions, conferences, animations;
- to preserve and enhance the documentary resources of the DMS/DML.
From the restoration of Brussels city hall tower to the inscription on a maintenance list of a beautiful oak inside a block, the DMS-DML protects and promotes Brussels heritage.
For a better public information, the DMS/DML presents on its website a virtual exhibition that informs about heritage-related news day after day.
For more information, visit www.monument.irisnet.be (French and Dutch).